Tanzania Trip with Friends March 2000

It is about time i sort out my photos wrapped in paper bags for at least 9 long years, how time flies... i did not realize it was since 9 years ago when i kept all my photos in paper bags, and i am so happy these treasured photos survived all these years with no damage. I will be arranging all these photos into albums and CD to make sure all are preserved well.  While i am sorting these photos, it brings back memories of my past and i am very glad and thankful to my almighty Lord that i am able to visit these photos once again.

" Life is so wonderful and a photo can indeed capture that moment". Life is on a constant change, one will never know what brings you tomorrow, new settings, new circumstances, new career and a new life with my wife whom i met year 2005.

I will be updating this blog since i have a one month break from my post graduate studies (",)

First Stop over  : Tanzania
I was based in Nairobi Kenya for almost 6 years when two pinoy friends based in Tanzania ( Lito Batung who works for United Nations and Jun who works for a garment factory)  invited me one day to travel with them to Tanzania . Travel time by car is around 5 hours ( as i recall). We left Nairobi early morning and arrived Tanzania very later in the evening, It was supposed to be a 5 hour trip, but Lito's honda car while on a high speed on the highway had two tires got busted at the same time.One front tire one back tire both on the left side.While Lito had to hitch a ride to the nearest filling station to get those tires repaired, Jun and myself had all day taking photos and wondering whether Lito would come back for us.

                                             




Back drop is Mount Kilimanjaro covered by clouds

 Lion's catch - Zebra this is the closest i got near a Lion.


         Notice those animals ( cant remember what they were, sorry (",)



Fantastic View. Africa is so massive you can see almost only horizons


                            I loved those tress in Africa, just like in the movies.
                            Women from a tribe carrying wood.

 Fantastic view

                                  A community of houses

Thats Jun with the Honda busted tires.


                                     Filling station


Poor zebra i could not help but pose for the shoot.



                     International Criminal Tribunal , where Lito Batung works. This is were high level officials are held implicated with the Rwanda cases awaiting trial.

                                 I recall we attended sunday mass , that's me with Jun.

With Lito Batung

                                                  Stop Over. This place reminds me of  Nakumat Mega in Nairobi

Comments