Spending Easter at Karen, Kenya

I always had thoughts about returning to Kenya.

After 12 years, i found myself travelling at familiar places. I believe there was as good reason for being back to finish an unfinised business.

Year 2003 when i had packed my clothes good for a week to attend a training & orientation in Shenzen ( mainland China) and Hongkong and to immediately return to Kenya to start my new job.

Call it destiny and by fate, i did not return to Kenya and never recovered my personal belongings that i left at a flat located in Kileleshwa.

Fast forward 2015 ( 12 years of detour) , i am back, seeing/feeling a very familiar atmosphere with  noticeable changes.

It is Easter 2015 with my wife and our Jimboh, and on our way to a familiar place called Karen for a short break from work. I found a Pet friendly hotel , Purdy Arms Hotel

The long narrow roads surrounded by trees seemed too familiar, giving flashbacks of my earlier visits with my friends. We had passed by the entrance to  Karen Blixen Museum, a place where i used to visit during weekends and based on the film Out of Africa ( Robert Redford, Meryl Streep).


While we stayed at the hotel, i met an editor who works for the The East African Standard news paper and had explained to me how the early European settlers acquired 8,000 acres of land from the Masai tribe, which is now called Karen. The present generation also referred to as " Kenyan Whites" are residents of Karen, most of them running their respective business.

The  hotel accomodation, food, bar and its lush garden gave us enough rest and of course much happines with having our Jimboh with us.



   Purdy Arms Hotel ,Karen




main entrance, parking area




Emie & Jimboh



Living Room



Bedroom



Open Restaurant





Like My Page: Facebook Page

Attractive Graphic, Illustration, Font & 3D Designs : Creative Market

Search Products Africa : JUMIA

Search Products South East Asia : LAZADA




Related Link:

Karen Blixen Museum, Nairobi, Kenya
Karen Blixen Museum, Nairobi, Kenya (Photo credit: Wikipedia)











Comments